- New Castle County, Delaware. filing started January 10, 1826.
- Court: Legislative
- Salutation: To the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Delaware
The Wilmington Society of Friends, at their monthly meeting, urge the legislature to immediately abolish slavery. Arguing that slavery is evil, unjust, and oppressive, the petitioners put forth that "we believe it to be a truth, that in oppression, cruel suffering, and degradation, negro Slavery remains without a parallel in the known world."
- Number of petition pages: 5
- Related documents: See PARs #10382601, #10382603 through #10382608
- Pages of related documents: 0
1 people are documented within petition 10382602
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- General Assembly, Legislative Papers
- Record group: 1111
- Page: 4-8
- Microfilm: 4-8