- Claiborne County, Mississippi.
- Court: unknown
- Salutation: To the Honorable the Senate and House of Representatives of the State of Mississippi
The petitioners ask for the emancipation of Samuel Martin's family. Three years before Martin, a free man of color, purchased his wife and three children. A related petition reveals that Samuel Martin had been freed a number of years earlier by his owner, J. W. Thomson.
- Number of petition pages: 3
- Related documents: Copy of Act for the Emancipation of Samuel Martin, a Person of Colour, n.d.; see PAR #11000011
- Pages of related documents: 2
15 people are documented within petition 11000013
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, Mississippi
- Legislative Papers, Petitions and Memorials 1817-1839, undated
- Record group: 47