- Clarke County, Mississippi. filing started November 1863.
- Court: Archives
- Salutation: To the Honorable, the Senate & House of Representatives of the State of Mississippi, in general Assembly Convened
Reese Price requests compensation for his slave Anthony, who died from exposure after being impressed to work on fortifications near Columbus, Mississippi. Anthony was a "mechanic", that is a carpenter, and one of only three male and two female adults Price had to work on his farm. Although he owned twenty slaves, he notes that the others are children less than thirteen years of age.
Result: Referred to committee.
- Number of petition pages: 3
- Related documents: Reese Price to Reverend D. P. Bestor, 9 November 1863; W. C. Phillips to Reese Price, 21 March 1863; Certificate of Appraisement, 2 March 1863; Receipt for Anthony, W. C. Phillips, 2 March 1863
- Pages of related documents: 4
8 people are documented within petition 11086301
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Mississippi Department of Archives and History, Jackson, Mississippi
- Legislative Papers, Petitions and Memorials
- Record group: 47