- Montgomery County, Alabama. filing started August 17, 1846.
- Court: Circuit
- Salutation: To the Honorable Chancellor of the Southern Chancery Division of the State of Alabama
In a marriage contract, Jordan Peters acquired interest "in certain negro slaves" and some town lots. Now Joseph Williams is suing Peters and his wife to force them to pay their debts, with the expectation that they will be able to generate income from the hire of the slaves or sale of the lots.
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: Copies of Subpoena, 17 August 1846; Court Orders, 29 February 1836, 8 August 1836; Commissioners' Report, 8 August 1836; Quit Claim Deed, 19 August 1836; Deed of Gift, Andrew McBryde to Harriett Peters, 3 October 1836
- Pages of related documents: 4
4 people are documented within petition 20184610
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Montgomery County Courthouse, Montgomery, Alabama
- Records of the Circuit Court, [Records Chancery Court 1846]
- Page: 511-512; 516-518; 521