- Kent County, Delaware. filing started May 6, 1795.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the Honourable the Justices of the Court of Common Pleas of the State of Delaware, now sitting in, and for, the County of Kent
"Negro Phobe, by her Husband and Friend," states that she "is held and detained as a Slave by Jacob Grewell." Apprehending "that She is entitled to her Freedom," Phobe Emory seeks a summons, commanding Grewell to appear and answer "the Complaint of your Petitioner."
Result: Partially granted.
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: PAR #20379508
- Pages of related documents: 0
3 people are documented within petition 20379518
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 155-56
- Microfilm: Reel 1