- Kent County, Delaware. filing started November 29, 1799.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the Honorable the Justices of the Court of Common Pleas of the State of Delaware now Sitting in and for the County of Kent this 29 day of November 1799
"Negro Sarah Loatman by negro Simon Loatman her Father" states that Daniel Cook, "her pretended master," holds and detains her as a slave. Apprehending that "she is entitled to her Freedom," she asks the court to summon Cook "to answer the Complaint of your petitioner."
Result: Partially granted.
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Pages of related documents: 0
3 people are documented within petition 20379905
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 241-42
- Microfilm: Reel 1