- Kent County, Delaware. filing started circa 1800.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the respectable the Judges of the Court of Common Pleas & general Sessions of the peace, in and for the County and State afsd
Sylvia, a woman of color, states that William Wilson of Maryland claims her as a slave. Apprehending "herself entitled to her freedom, by Importation into this State contrary to Law," Sylvia asks that Wilson be summoned "to answer the complaint of your Petitioner."
Result: Partially granted.
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: Order, 29 December 1800
- Pages of related documents: 0
2 people are documented within petition 20380055
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 404-05
- Microfilm: Reel 1