- Kent County, Delaware. filing started December 2, 1801.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the honourable the Justices of the Court of Common Pleas of the State of Delaware, now sitting at Dover in and for Kent County
Jack, a man of color, states that he "is unjustly held and detained as a slave by a certain Matthew Dunnahoe." Apprehending that "he is justly entitled to his freedom by the Laws of this State," Jack asks that Dunnahoe be summoned "to answer the complaint of your petitioner."
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: PARs 20380106, #20380404
- Pages of related documents: 0
3 people are documented within petition 20380101
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 380-81
- Microfilm: Reel 1