- Kent County, Delaware. filing started circa 1821.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the Honourable the Justices of the Court of Common Pleas
James Turney, a man of color, states that James Fields, "his pretended master," detains him as a slave. Apprehending that "he is entitled to his freedom," Turney asks that Fields be summoned "to answer the complaint of your petitioner."
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: Answer, James Fields, 9 May 1821 [Answer is found on Reel 2]
- Pages of related documents: 2
2 people are documented within petition 20382109
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 394-95
- Microfilm: Reel 1