- Kent County, Delaware. filing started circa 1822.
- Court: Common Pleas
- Salutation: To the judges of the Court of Common Pleas now in Session
Louisa and William Bayard, people of color, state that Robert Dawson, "their pretended master," detains them as slaves. Apprehending "that they are entitled to their freedom," the Bayards ask that Dawson be summoned "to answer the complaint of your petitioners."
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: PARs #20382212, #20382303
- Pages of related documents: 0
3 people are documented within petition 20382213
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Records of the Court of Common Pleas
- Page: 262-65
- Microfilm: Reel 1