- Kent County, Delaware. May 24, 1823. - May 27, 1823.
- Court: County
- Salutation: [To] the Judges of the Court of Quarter Sessions now Siting at Dover in and for Kent County and State of Delaware
Residents of Kent County ask that James Whitaker Sr. be permitted to sell his slave Luke, an outrageous fellow who has "run his said Master to more than one hundred Dollars Cost and is stealing and trading away his said Masters Property."
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: Depositions, James Whitaker Jr., James Grewell, William Needles, John Killen, Thomas Moore, Henry Curtis, Robert Solloway, Catharine Mariah Whitacre and Martha Whitacre [Whitaker], 27 May 1823; Decree, 27 May 1823
- Pages of related documents: 14
38 people are documented within petition 20382306
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Delaware State Archives, Dover, Delaware
- Court Papers c. 1776-1867
- Record group: 2805
- Microfilm: Reel 7