- Washington County, District of Columbia. September 30, 1856. - March 30, 1857.
- Court: Circuit
- Salutation: To the Hon, the Judges of the Circuit Court of the District of Columbia for Washington County in Chancery sitting
William Henry Jones, a free man of color, states that in June 1849, he purchased a piece of land from Benjamin Taylor for $140, payable in five years. Jones avers that he is in possession of the land and has consistently made payments on the debt. He asserts that Taylor has refused to accept the remaining balance of $92.25 plus interest and has refused to execute a deed of conveyance. Jones requests that Taylor be summoned to answer his complaint and asks the court to order Taylor to convey the land to him.
- Number of petition pages: 8
- Related documents: Decree, 30 March 1857; Subpoena, James Dunlop, 30 September 1856; Court Order, 29 April 1857; Receipt, Benjamin Ogle Taylor, 3 July 1857
- Pages of related documents: 3
2 people are documented within petition 20485603
Or you may view all people.
Repository: National Archives, Washington, D. C.
- Records of the United States Circuit Court, Chancery Dockets and Rule Case Files
- Record group: 21
- Folder: 20