- Escambia County, Florida. filing started November 22, 1821.
- Court: County
- Salutation: To the Worshipful the Judges of the County Court of Escambia in the Province of West Florida
Sarah McNeil states that, in May 1821, she sent her slave, Harry, out on some business. While conducting that business, Harry met Tom, a slave belonging to Henry Wilson. McNeil avers that Tom "maliciously and without provocation shot" Harry, wounding him mortally. She further represents that Wilson was notified of the shooting and subsequent death of Harry, but refuses to make restitution. McNeil asks the court to compel Wilson to pay $600 in damages.
- Number of petition pages: 3
- Related documents: Citation, 23 November 1821; Depositions, Elizabeth McNeil, Elija Holmes, James Law, Hector McNeil, Malcom McNeil, 9 January 1822; Deposition, Isaac Ceannerit, 1 January 1822; Answer, Henry Wilson, ca. 1822
- Pages of related documents: 14
4 people are documented within petition 20582102
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Escambia County Courthouse, Pensacola, Florida
- Circuit Court Civil Cases