- Richmond County, Georgia. June 2, 1800. - June 2, 1800.
- Court: Superior
- Salutation: To the honorable George Walton, Esquire Judge of the Superior Court
Nicholas Ware prays to be appointed guardian for Sarah and her three children, Jack, Joseph, and Lucy, now in the possession of Martin Caswell. Sarah wishes to sue for her freedom and the freedom of her children. Ware, "being fully impressed with a belief the said negroes are free and entitled to freedom," wishes to assist them in their efforts.
- Number of petition pages: 1
- Related documents: Appointment of Guardian, 2 June 1800; Court Record, March Term 1801; Jury Verdict and Court Ruling, March Term 1801
- Pages of related documents: 1
6 people are documented within petition 20680002
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Richmond County Courthouse, Augusta, Georgia
- Records of the Superior Court, Writs 1799-1802, Records Retention Center
- Page: 177-178