- Wilkes County, Georgia. cicra 1816. - July 29, 1818.
- Court: Superior
- Salutation: To their honors the Judges of the Superior Court of Said State
Boling Anthony claims that Thomas W. Sims "hath injured your petitioner four thousand dollars." Anthony gave Sims $1,600 for a slave named Tamer and her six children. Sims gave Anthony a receipt for the transaction and promised to deliver the slaves. However, Anthony insists that Sims has refused to honor his part of the bargain. Anthony sues for $4,000 damages.
- Number of petition pages: 1
- Related documents: PAR #20681524; Subpoena, Thomas W. Sims, 25 April 1816; Acknowlegment, 30 April 1816; Answers, Thomas W. Sims, ca. 1816-1818; Jury Verdict, 29 July 1818
- Pages of related documents: 2
9 people are documented within petition 20681612
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Wilkes County Courthouse, Washington, Georgia
- Records of the Superior Court, Records of Suits 1817-1819
- Page: 287-292