- Scriven County, Georgia. August 9, 1819. - April 27, 1827.
- Court: Superior
- Salutation: To the honorable the Superior Court next to be holden in & for the county aforesaid
William Gibbons sues Thomas Roberts for $2,000. He alleges that Roberts came onto his property with force and arms, "and did then and there by himself, and his servants, with axes, cut down & destroy the timber trees of your petitioner" and afterwards "converted the trees to his own use." Gibbons asks that Roberts be cited to appear and answer the suit in an action of trespass.
- Number of petition pages: 2
- Related documents: PAR #20681919; Subpoena, Thomas Roberts, 31 August 1819; Acknowledgment, 28 September 1819; Answer, Thomas Roberts, 21 April 1820; Decree, 27 April 1827
- Pages of related documents: 0
2 people are documented within petition 20681902
Or you may view all people.
Repository: Screven County Courthouse, Sylvania, Georgia
- Records of the Superior Court, Minutes 1823-1828
- Page: 694-96